Family Petitions

Rahbaran & Associates offers services for family immigration petitioning such as fiancé visas and other permanent residency petitions.

K Visa- Fiancé Visa

The K-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa for a foreign national who is engaged to a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa allows the fiancé entry into the U.S. for a 90 day period to marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor. Once the marriage takes place, the foreign-citizen may then apply for adjustment of status to obtain permanent residency. The U.S. citizen sponsor must file a petition with USCIS and upon approval the National Visa Center will send the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where the fiancé lives so he or she may apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. Children of the K-1 visa applicant may apply for K-2 visas. Documents required by USCIS are a valid passport, divorce or death certificates of any previous spouses, police certificates, medical examination documentation, evidence of financial support, and evidence of relationship with U.S. citizen fiancé. For further information regarding the documentation for the K Visa petitioning, please contact our office at +1-202-338-3333.

Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas

The unlimited immediate relative immigrant visas are designed for those foreign nationals with close familial relationships with U.S. citizens described as an Immediate Relative (IR). There are no visa quotas for these categories. Foreign nationals may qualify as an IR-1 Spouse of a U.S. Citizen, IR-2 Unmarried child under 21 years of age of a U.S. Citizen, IR-3 Orphan adopted abroad by a U.S. Citizen, IR-4 Orphan to be adopted in the U.S. by a U.S. citizen, IR-5 Parent of a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old.

Family Preference

The limited family preference immigrant visas are designed for specific, family relationships with a U.S. citizen and in some cases, a specified relationship with a Lawful Permanent Resident. Foreign nationals may qualify as Family Preference F1 Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their minor children, F2 Spouses, minor children and unmarried sons and daughters of Lawful Permanent Residents, F3 Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children, F4 Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens and their spouses and minor children given that the U.S. citizens are at least 21 years of age.